A friend of mine is on a mailing list for foreign language teachers.
Recently there was a discussion about e-mail with the subject heading of
"Good Times".  She opened up her digest form mail to find a discussion of
this mail and even one listing with Good Times.

Apparently, if you get an e-mail with this subject heading, and you open it
up, it contains a virus that will trash your entire system.  Her computer
would not even recognize that it was a piece of plastic, much less a piece
of plactic with a brain!

Of course with digest form, the only subject heading is Special Issue and
once you open it to see what's inside it's too late. I was wondering if
this list is monitored so that e-mails with this heading can be found
before they are posted to the entire group.

I have heard of this problem before and it is scary. Has anyone out there
experienced this first hand?

Connie Worley
Toccoa, GA

LM_NET Archive Home