Yes, it has been discussed here and if you go to an urban myth web site
you will find out that it is an urban myth and not true.
Unfortunately, I gave my list of sites to our sociology teacher, who does
a unit on urban myths, and forgot to copy them first.

Diane Durbin
dianed@tenet.edu

On Fri, 7 Jun 1996, Frank H Worley wrote:

> A friend of mine is on a mailing list for foreign language teachers.
> Recently there was a discussion about e-mail with the subject heading of
> "Good Times".  She opened up her digest form mail to find a discussion of
> this mail and even one listing with Good Times.
>
> Apparently, if you get an e-mail with this subject heading, and you open it
> up, it contains a virus that will trash your entire system.  Her computer
> would not even recognize that it was a piece of plastic, much less a piece
> of plactic with a brain!
>
> Of course with digest form, the only subject heading is Special Issue and
> once you open it to see what's inside it's too late. I was wondering if
> this list is monitored so that e-mails with this heading can be found
> before they are posted to the entire group.
>
> I have heard of this problem before and it is scary. Has anyone out there
> experienced this first hand?
>
> Connie Worley
> Toccoa, GA

LM_NET Archive Home