Hello Group,

I need advice.  I am doing the *big* inventory -- not just books --
everything from student chairs to electric pencil sharpeners.  Our
procedure is to get a printout from the district's business office and
then we add items that were purchased this year and delete items that are
no longer here or workable.  They update our inventory according to what
we send them.

The problem is that our book budget comes from the capital outlay
account. That means that each time I order books, even single copies,
they go into the computer program as a "purchased item" (the same as TVs,
computers, tables, etc.)  I want to suggest a way to lump the entire
collection under one "item" such as "library books," or at least to break
it down to Ref Books, Lib Books, Paperbacks.

How does your central accounting office handle it?  Since our automation
program lists each holding and then prints out a summary showing the
*exact* number, it would seem that the summary would work.  I talked to
them a couple of years ago to see if we could "lump" books together, but
I think the computer software doesn't allow that.

How is your *overall* inventory handled?  Does it list individual sets of
books, etc.?

Thanks!

Betty
                                .----.
Betty Hamilton, LRS             |    |                701 Cub Drive
bhamilt@tenet.edu           ____|*    ~~~~~~.         Brownfield TX 79316
Brownfield High School      \               |         (806) 637-4523
                                  \     {
                                    \  }
                                      ~

LM_NET Archive Home