>Our technology committee met today and wants me to use my "connections" to
>find the names of some network consultants to help us plan our network
>needs.  They would prefer to have an independent consulting firm--that is,
>one not tied to a specific vendor or platform.  It really looks like our
>school will be cross platform.  I appreciate any help.

We just installed a complete campus wide network here. We have nearly 200
computers generally broken down into Windows for Administrative needs and
Macs for Curricular needs. We have Internet connections to every classroom,
Network and Dialup access to our library Checkout system and CDs, (Oh,
goody, I get to work from home!) and three beautiful labs on campus. Our
consultant was extremely helpful and saved us tens of thousands of dollars
throughout the decision making process with a great deal of practical
advice. He has a balanced view of Macs and PCs. He is very well versed in
educational needs and knows the Internet as well as Local and Wide Area
networking. He is self employed and sells nothing and represents no one but
you. He did a really good job of helping us pick reputable contractors and
watching out for our needs. He has been doing this for schools for several
years and is very well respected here. He was featured as one of ISTE's
"Consultants that Work" a few years ago.

His name is Ray Harder.
You can E-Mail him at: rharder@dubsar.gugal.com
Or check out his Web Page: http://dubsar.gugal.com
Or use one of those other quaint technologies that we used to have to use
here: 909-983-4713

Debra Kiamanesh
Heschel Day School
Northridge, CA 91325