Dear LM_NET,
   Where to find the materials I need for my school libraries is something
I work at year round, but this is the time of year when my major book
lists go out.  There is more to resources than Booklist, SLJ, Booklinks, etc..
   As I've traveled and visited National Parks, the bookstores have always
fascinated me, since they contain books and videos of use to me that
I have never seen noted before.  The National Parks bookstores are
stocked by cooperating associations, many who commission and provide
the money to produce the books and videos about the parks they sell in.
   I have started to write to these cooperating associations to see if
they have lists of materials available to schools, and to see if they mind
if I tell all of you about them.
   One catalog I receive has been very good.  It is called America's
National Parks, Publications and Gifts catalog and it can be
requested from : Eastern National Park and Monument Association,
America's National Parks, 1100 East Hector Street, Suite 105,
Conshohocken, PA 19428.
   If any one else has different sources for materials, I would be
glad to post a hit.  For instance, once I received the lists from
Williamsburg but have since lost it and the address.  And I'll bet
Sturbridge Village might have a mail order list.
   Best Wishes,
Sandy Guest         sguest@arakis.sugar-river.net
Sunapee, New Hampshire

LM_NET Archive Home