  I know it's probably the wrong time of year to be doing this, but, as
usual, I was just asked (or actually, I just found out and offered my
services!)

  We have an English teacher who is being moved from 8th grade to
Sophomores next year (slight culture shock!). She will be teaching World
Lit and is looking for suggestions for class novels to use in the
following units:

African (but not Cry the beloved country)
German
Indian
French

  We'd love to have suggestions from you or any of your English teachers
who have had success with particular titles, and maybe even some unique
lesson ideas, if you've a mind to share and have the time.

  Please send suggestions directly to me at:

        lindab@tms.telstar.sad44.k12.me.us

  TIA!
                                          Linda Blackman
                                          Telstar Middle/High School Library