Not exactly the same topic, but I got a suggestion awhile ago that kinda
applies.  I was told to get a number stamper and stamp the barcode number in
a couple of places inside the book (we do the back cover, back of the title
page and the margin of page 55--btw, we put the barcode on the front cover
along the spine) that way if the barcode is destroyed it's not too difficult
to find out the number to redo it.
Linda

Michael Ming, Hung (mmhung@HKEIN.SCHOOL.NET.HK) wrote:
: Well, I like to place them inside, either at the last or front page, near
: the date-due slip.

: >I suggest putting the labels on the back side of the book, upper
: >right area (near spine) running the length of book (as opposed to
: >the width of the book).  During inventory, the book can just be
: >tipped out of the shelf and scanned.   I don't like placing them
: >on the front as it interfers with the appearance of the cover.
: >
: >Mary Ludwick         Ludwick@tenet.edu
: >
: >
: Come to visit my homepage and give some feedback, link to HKTLA...
: http://hkein.school.net.hk/~mmhung/

: A page for Christians, teachers, librarians, and students......

: Sending you this greeting and blessing and love and joy from JESUS!
: Jesus Christ, is the same Yesterday and Today and Forever. ~Hebrew 13:8 NIV
: ida & michael hung                        Email: mmhung@hkein.school.net.hk

LM_NET Archive Home