What if I do not have a MLS or MSc or MA?

>Excellent Point!!!!  I think we are, too often, the work horses of the
>profession.  We are happy to work hard in the background to help our
>students, teachers, administrators, and parents.  We are not a flashy
>profession and we are not adept at "tooting our own horns."  So we often
>suffer the
>consequences: undervalued, under-appreciated, misunderstood, miss-used
>(as planning period babysitters), and replaced as nonessential
>personnel.
>
>As hard for us as it is; as against the grain as it is; it is
>imperative that we use every opportunity to tout our profession and
>our value to the educational community!
>
>On Thu, 22 Feb 1996, Hildegard Pleva wrote:
>
>> Years ago I heard a marvelous tape concerning learning styles. But  the point
>> made by the speaker that I remember most was the advice that all educators
>> should have their diplomas displayed in their place of work. After all, all
>> other "professionals do". Her position was that educators generally do not
>> display enough pride in their work. She quoted a cocktail party series of
>> introductions in which after all the other professionals had reported their
>> work the edcator in the crowd said, "Oh, I'm just a teacher".
>>
>> I vowed then that when I obtained my MLS I would frame that diploma as well
>> as those for my BA and MS and hang them in my library. I too have a desk in
>> the main room and no office. But their is a narrow section of wall in between
>> windows behind my desk.
>> There they hang and occasionally students ask about them and I have seen
>> parents look at them during open house and other library programs.
>>
>> We need to remind ourselves that education is our business as well as our
>> profession. Even our local baker displays his awards and certifications. We
>> should never be embarrassed to tout our achievements in the very area in
>> which we encourage students to excel.
>>
>> Hildegard N. Pleva
>> Linden Avenue Middle School, Red Hook, NY
>> hpleva@aol.com

All my contact of "hkein.ie.cuhk.hk" with change to "hkein.school.net.hk"
effective NOW until 1 June. Please change your link accordingly !!!!!!!!!!!
Come to visit my homepage and give some feedback, link to HKTLA...
http://hkein.school.net.hk/~mmhung/

A page for Christians, teachers, librarians, and students......

Sending you this greeting and blessing and love and joy from JESUS!
Jesus Christ, is the same Yesterday and Today and Forever. ~Hebrew 13:8 NIV
ida & michael hung                        Email: mmhung@hkein.school.net.hk