        My time on the net is my own--on Saturdays or 4-6 AM. I do often
wonder about messages sent during the "school" day.   I think we
find time
to do what is important to us and LM-NET is important. I don't see how
elementary librarians can do all they do and usually without an aide.
There is more time (relatively) when older patrons i.e. secondary or
college, are the clientele. I don't do lunch duty, babysit (very
often:-) or teach a regularly scheduled class.  We have flexible
scheduling and a reservations book so I "could" find time to be on-line
during the school day, but choose not to.  It's my time to relax.
Being connected with other librarians is important and professional.
I wonder at all the time my engineering husband spends in meetings. What
is the difference in meeting with other librarians on-line?

Sandy Barron                 Tomball High School
sbarron@tenet.edu                      30330 Quinn Road
713-357-3219                            Tomball, Texas 77375
FAX 713-357-3252             "making the difference with information science"

LM_NET Archive Home