>        My time on the net is my own--on Saturdays or 4-6 AM. I do often
>wonder about messages sent during the "school" day.   I think we
>find time
>to do what is important to us and LM-NET is important. I don't see how
>elementary librarians can do all they do and usually without an aide.
>There is more time (relatively) when older patrons i.e. secondary or
>college, are the clientele. I don't do lunch duty, babysit (very
>often:-) or teach a regularly scheduled class.  We have flexible
>scheduling and a reservations book so I "could" find time to be on-line
>during the school day, but choose not to.  It's my time to relax.
>Being connected with other librarians is important and professional.
>I wonder at all the time my engineering husband spends in meetings. What
>is the difference in meeting with other librarians on-line?
>
>Sandy Barron                 Tomball High School
>sbarron@tenet.edu                      30330 Quinn Road
>713-357-3219                            Tomball, Texas 77375
>FAX 713-357-3252             "making the difference with information science"

To Sandy and All

I too don't connect to LM_NET during the school day because I choose
to do it at home where I have uninterrupted time,

BUT I would use the school computer during the day if I didn't have
one at home, and would consider it my professional duty to do so in
order to keep up with the latest information, and provide my school
with current technology, teaching and materials.

Joan

Joan Kimball (jkim@borg.com)
Clinton, NY
Hart's Hill Elementary School Library