Dear Fellow LM_Netters,

Please  share your ideas and policies on software use and selection.
Specifically I am interested in :
1.  What type of a policy on software selection do you have?
2. Who decides what is purchased?
3.  Do classroom teachers order their own software out of their classroom
budgets and club plans (like Scholastic) if they choose, or must all purchases
be considered as part  of a larger plan and go through a formal review process?
4.  Do you have a good software evaluation form you could recommend or share?
The ones we have been using are ten years old.  I would like something newer
as
we are upgrading our computers and getting a network, and our old ones may not
be adequate.

If you could share any newer policies, purchasing procedures, or evaluation
forms, by e-mail or snail mail, I would appreciate it.  Or  if you have a WWW
site  that has this type  of information please let me know.

I will post a hit, or respond to those who are interested, depending on what
types of materials I receive.

Thanks so much!
Monica Carollo
mcarollo@omnifest.uwm.edu