>SFUSD is asking all schools to write literacy plans as we prepare to be a
>challenge district in CA.

Please help with concrete ideas/research to encourage ALL schools to
include School media-libraries & credentialed librarians.

I will post a hit if there is interest.

I am trying to gather info/coordinate/write/communicate over Spring break
so please email me direct asap with your concrete ideas of important link
between school libraries & literacy,

>If SFUSD truely wants to see a change in literacy and provide students with
opportunities to be life long learner..school libraries must be an intregal
part of SFUSD literacy and challenge grant program!!!!
>There as been significant change in SFUSD libraries due to an exceptional
>program with SF Ed Fund (1995-97)  At this time 16 libraries/school librarians
>are active in Library Media Center 2000 (staff development, technology,
>AmeriCorps volunteers, etc)

KE Hones
Mission High School Library
3750 18th Street #400