>Date:         Wed, 1 May 1996 07:28:44 -0500
>Sender: School Library Media & Network Communications
>              <LM_NET@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
>From: Guusje Zimmerman Moore <guusje@TENET.EDU>
>Subject:      Re: gen:accession numbers
>To: Multiple recipients of list LM_NET <LM_NET@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
>
>I stopped using accession numbers three years ago when we automated, did
>continue it the first year but then couldn't come up with a compelling
>reason to keep on doing it.  Dumped the shelf list then too.  Haven't
>missed them and the ghost of Melville Dewey hasn't shown up to haunt my
>dreams!
>
>                           Guusje Moore
>                 Librarian, Housman Elementary School
>                           Houston, Texas
>                          guusje@tenet.edu

I have also automated, but I can't quite give up the infamous shelf list
card.  I think I have a little security in having a "real live" index card
for each book and AV material.  I love having my "printed" shelf list and in
truth, that is all that I look at, if I need to check on something!!!  What
do people think??  bev
Bev Rovelli             brovelli@nsl.relex.com

Lyncourt School
2707 Court Street                phone:315-455-7571
Syracuse, New York  13208        fax 315-455-7573

Teaching the 3 R's:  respect for self
                     respect for others
                     responsibilitiy for one's own actions

LM_NET Archive Home