I wanted to share this with you folks. On Wednesday, I got my 38th of 38
rejections slips. I drives me crazy (crazier?). Everyone here is quit
effusive in their praise of my weekly column (fiction for kids). But
publishers don't seem to be interested. With this last round, I got
depressed enough that I was going to stop writing the column and my
storytelling and focus completely on my job. (From experience, that wouold
have lasted about a week.)

What changed my mind and put me backin my normal cheerful happy frame of
mind? Yesterdsay, I received a packette of "love notes" from a sixth grade
class I took on a tour of the facility and told stories to last week. They
were all great, but the one I wanted to share with you said in part,
"Dearest T.K. Cassidy, Have you ever heard of the librarian myth? That all
librarians are smelly, old, impatient ladies. Well, Mrs. Cassidy, you
broken me out of my myth! signed Cythnia Cruz"

That's why we do this!!! NOW, I remember!!!!!

Have  a great one, ya'll!!!! :-)

Guam is 15 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time.
Livin' in the future --- ain't Life grand!!

T. K. Cassidy - Children's Librarian, Guam Public Library
                           Resident Storyteller and Writer
                            tkc@kuentos.guam.net

LM_NET Archive Home