>The California Young Reader Medal Committee is pleased to announce the
student choices for the 1995-1996 California Young Reader Medal.  Over
475,000 votes were submitted by students throughout the State of California.

>        Primary Category:                       Stellaluna, written and
illustrated by
Janell Cannon

>        Intermediate Category:                 Time for Andrew: A Ghost
Story  by
Mary Downing Hahn

>        Middle School/ Jr. High:                Freak the Mighty by Rodman
Philbrick

>        Young Adult Category:                   Shadow of the Dragon by
Sherry  Garland

>The award for the Young Adult category will be presented at our CSLA
conference in Sacramento in November.  CLA will present the Middle
School/Junior High award at its conference also in November in Sacramento.
CRA will award the Primary winner at its conference in San Jose in early
November and CATE will present the Intermediate award at its conference in
Fresno in February 1997.

>If anyone has any questions about this year's winners or about the
California Young Reader Medal program, please contact me at my E-mail
address or at Ustach Middle School, 2701 Kodiak Drive, Modesto,  CA   95355,
(209) 552-3000.

LM_NET Archive Home