>In our library we back up our files every day. It takes about 15 minutes
>and it is worth the peace of mind. We never had occasion to restore in 10
>years so we never knew if it worked. This fall when we deleted our
>graduating calss and added our freshmen something went wrong and we lost
>everything on the catalog and student records. We whipped out the latest
>tape (we have a different tape for every day of the week), and voila we
>had data. My husband who is a computer consultant says it is not enough
>to back up. Every so often you should restore to make sure that your tape
>is backing up properly. Good Luck!!vjl
>
>Viviane J. Lampach
>The Bronx H.S. of Science
>75 W. 205th Street
>The Bronx, New York 10468
>(718)365-3035
>lampach@voyager.bxscience.edu
>"Home of 5 Nobel Laureates"

We have a backup strategy to backup all the data of our records.

We use 8 sets of disk.
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday -1st
Friday -2nd
Friday -3rd
Friday -4th

Then we may have the one-month old backup in the worst case.

Hope help.

Come to visit my homepage and give some feedback, link to HKTLA...
http://hkein.school.net.hk/~mmhung/

A page for Christians, teachers, librarians, and students......

Sending you this greeting and blessing and love and joy from JESUS!
Jesus Christ, is the same Yesterday and Today and Forever. ~Hebrew 13:8 NIV
ida & michael hung                        Email: mmhung@hkein.school.net.hk