Over the years as I have set up new libraries and had to order new
bookends, only one kind has been of acceptable sturdiness and had the
"non-slipping" characteristic required for new shelving. They are the
ones with the urethane padded bottoms, available from DEMCO.

The "Oversize Book Supports" with the urethane base work well, and so do
the "Standard Book Supports" with urethane bases.  They also hold up well
over the years.

Pat Wamsley (patw1@muskox.alaska.edu)  |{ancient Chinese blessing/curse}
wk: Colony HS Library (907) 746-9538   |
hm: 3700 Spruce Top Circle             | "May you live
    Wasilla, AK 99654 (907) 376-8854   |         in interesting times!"

On Thu, 2 May 1996, Gayle Hodur wrote:

> I'm at my wits end! Every day we have at least one shelf of books that
> slide over, tip over the bookend and wind up everywhere. The students of
> course don't have a clue how to put that many back, so they just lay them
> on the shelf and I find them later all in a heap. The main problem, I
> think, is our bookends. They are hard plastic, and pretty sturdy, but once
> you take out a couple of books, everything slides. What on earth are other
> people using to keep their books from falling over?

> Gayle Hodur
> ghodur@redshift.com

LM_NET Archive Home