Hello to all LM_NETTERS:

I subscribe to the pacs-l list and read the attached message yesterday.  I
haven't explored the site, but thought that some of you might be
interested.  I have Amy's permission to forward her message to you, which
follows:

>>From owner-pacs-l@UHUPVM1.UH.EDU Tue May 28 21:29:54 1996
>Date: Tue, 28 May 1996 18:50:02 -0500 (CDT)
>From: Amy Bruckman <asb@media.mit.edu>
>Subject: kids needed for MOOSE Crossing, an educational virtual community
>Sender: Public-Access Computer Systems Forum <PACS-L@UHUPVM1.UH.EDU>
>To: Multiple recipients of list PACS-L <PACS-L@UHUPVM1.UH.EDU>

>Hi all!  I'm a grad student in the Epistemology and Learning Group at the
>Media Lab at MIT where I do research on using virtual communities as a
>learning environment for kids.  I'm look for kids to participate
>in my dissertation project, MOOSE Crossing.
>
>MOOSE Crossing is a virtual world (MUD) built by kids for kids.  It's designed
>to get kids 9-13 excited about reading, writing, and computer programming.  It
>includes a new programming language (MOOSE) and client interface (MacMOOSE)
>designed to make it easier for kids to learn to program.  It's free.
>
>Kids have made things like pigs you can hug, light bulbs that tell light
>bulb jokes, and pots of gold at the end of the rainbow that ask you a
>riddle!  They're doing creative writing and computer programming in their
>spare time for fun, and meeting other kids from around the world.
>
>To participate, you need a Mac with a direct Internet connection (ethernet,
>ppp, etc).  Lots of info is available at:
>
>        http://asb.www.media.mit.edu/people/asb/moose-crossing
>
>Hope to see you there!
>
>-- Amy Bruckman, asb@media.mit.edu
>
>p.s.  The registration process takes some effort (sorry)
>------- End of Forwarded Message

Laura K. Brendon        Program Coordinator
brendon.1@osu.edu       Edgar Dale Media Center
                        The Ohio State University
                        (614) 292-1177