The teachers who have covered for me generally like it, you have to
admit, it beats parking lot or cafeteria duty  --it's dry and warm
without the smell of cafeteria food.  :)  Each teacher gets one  lunch
period and one prep period, any other period is either classroom or
duty.  This is a vocational school so the number of preps varies,
depending upon whether they're academic or vocational, one year program,
or two year.   Other duties include coverage for the teacher who does
ISS, hall duty, tutoring, etc.  These vary sometimes according to teacher
availability.  We have a nine period day and academic teachers have 5-7
classes.  It's not perfect, but it does help PR!  Karen

Karen Langley                     * KTT_LANGLEY@k12.mec.ohio.gov
Tolles Technical Center           * 614.873.4666 x243
7877 US RT. 42 NE                 * FAX 614.873.6909
Plain City  OH  43064

> > guess maybe I'm not.  Our teachers have *duty* periods (parking lot,
> > cafeteria, etc.)  During my prep period, one teacher covers for me, and
> > during my lunch I have another teacher cover.
>
> *like* it!  How do the teachers feel about that?  Do *you* have any extra
> duties that you have to do in the same way that they do? I guess having a
> "duty" period makes them have one less preparation per day so that may
> keep them satisfied.  How many class periods do your teachers usually have?
>
> Betty
>                                 .----.
> Betty Hamilton, LRS             |    |                701 Cub Drive
> bhamilt@tenet.edu           ____|*    ~~~~~~.         Brownfield TX 79316
> Brownfield High School      \               |         (806) 637-4523
>                                   \     {

LM_NET Archive Home