Hi there! Thank you for the suggestions you sent regarding my question
concerning the procedures used for sharing computers in the media center.
Here are the suggestions:
1: Eliminate recreation entirely and have students sign up the day before
or first come, first serve.

2. Do not allow word processing. Send students to computer labs for this
purpose.

3. Have signs posted stating usage priorities:  a)academic use has 1st
priority  b)word processing has 2nd priority  c)recreational browsing has
3rd priority  d)Games (limited to 2 days per week: during lunch and
before and after school.

4.  Set up clock in students' view, post sign up sheets at each station ,
and limit usage to 10 min. if there is a wait.

P.S.  We have adopted procedures 3 and 4 and have had fairly good
results.  Students usually don't have a writing utensil, however.  No
pencil or pen, no using the computer........:)

LM_NET Archive Home