Hello Group,

Sorry I didn't change the subject of my last post from Funny Story to
"Bookmarks" or something, but at least I did for this one!

Some of my sophomore boys have begun reading the Ender Wiggins series by
Orson Scott Card.  Yesterday at the beginning of the lunch *hour* they
came to the library to see if I had purchased the new 4th book, _Children
of the Mind_, in the series.  (I have -- it's quite good.)

Anyway, I told them that I had visited the Orson Scott Card web site and
that "they" are gearing up to make a movie of _Ender's Game_.  However,
Mr. Card said they were having problems casting because it requires so
many children.  He invites solutions from any web visitor.

Those 3 sophomore guys sat and discussed *books*, especially Ender
Wiggins, for the entire lunch period!  They can't wait until I can get
them to Card's web site so they can have input on the movie dilemma.
Needless to say, they are waiting in line for the 4th Ender Wiggins
book.  (In the meantime, I have them started on Arthur C. Clarke.)

Betty
                                .----.
Betty Hamilton, LRS             |    |                701 Cub Drive
bhamilt@tenet.edu           ____|*    ~~~~~~.         Brownfield TX 79316
Brownfield High School      \               |         (806) 637-4523
                                  \     {
                                    \  }
                                      ~

LM_NET Archive Home