>You make a good point.  I think, like you suggested and the forerunning
activites in my situation, that long hours at the computer and heavy lifting
are real triggers.  Looking back, I probably should have known better.  I
was careful about the computer knowing people who had gotten carpal tunnel
syndrome and took breaks every hour or so to do other things.  There are
some good articles on ergonomics -- is that the correct word -- with solid
recommendations about posture and such.  I really think mine was triggered
by all the lifting -- we hit the beginning of the school year with almost
400 boxes of materials to unpack when construction times ran over.  Of the
three of us working, I was the only one so maybe it's also physiological, too.
Since some of you have this condition and others of us don't ....yet....,
>can you give advice on how to AVOID getting it?
>Betty
>                                .----.
>Betty Hamilton, LRS             |    |                701 Cub Drive
>bhamilt@tenet.edu           ____|*    ~~~~~~.         Brownfield TX 79316
>Brownfield High School      \               |         (806) 637-4523
>                                  \     {
>                                    \  }
>                                      ~

Elizabeth Letterly, District Librarian    eletterl@abelink.com
Williamsville CUSD #15, Williamsville IL  USA 62693
"Freedom is an inside job." -- Sam Keen

LM_NET Archive Home