After I posted my question last week, I received several requests for a
HIT, so here it is.  Many people responded with read-aloud titles, but I
was only able to find two possibilities for middle school listservs:
1.      listserv@vmd.cso.uiuc.edu

        Instructions:  on the first line of the body, type:

        subscribe MULTC-ED (your first name  your last name)

I havent tried to subscribe yet, and I'm at home so the teacher who wannts
this info will have to wait until Tues.

2.      http://www.liszt.com

        Have no idea about this, and I accidentally deleted the original
message, so I can't contact the person who sent it to me.

For read-aloud:
Anything by Avi, but especially "Nothing But the Truth,"  "Romeo and
Juliet Together (and Alive!) at Last,"  "The Giver" by Lowry, "The Cay" by
Taylor, "goodnight Mr. Tom."  "The Girl Who Owned the City," by Nelson,
"Hatchet", and "Harris & Me" both by Gary Paulsen, "Stone Fox" "Time for
Andrew" by DOwning, "Haunted" by Judith St. George, "Someone is Hiding on
Alcatraz Island" by Eve Bunting  "The Wonderful Story of Henry Sugar" by
Roald Dahl, "Slake's Limbo"  "Beetles, Lightly Toasted"  "Cathering,
Called Birdy"  Bingo Brown and the Language of Love"  "Weasel"  "Sign of
the Beaver"  "The Green Book"  "The Ramsey Scallop"

THANKS to everyone who responded!  This will be a great help!

---------
Marcia M. Norris
mnorris@fcae.acast.nova.edu

LM_NET Archive Home