lm_net

To date, 67 members of this august group,
representing over half the states of our Union,
replied to my informal survey request for
number of books in the LMC.

The easiest way to convey meaningful information
to you was for me to divide the number of books
in the collection by the number of students served
at the school.  What we come up with is books
per student.

Results:
Schools with 0 to 9 books per student: 11
Schools with 10 to 19 books per student: 31
Schools with 20 to 29 books per student: 16
Schools with 30 to 39 books per student: 5
Schools with 40 to 49 books per student: 3
Schools with more than 49 books per student: 1
(80 books per!)

Average books per student of all replies:
19.2 books per student.
(Take away the school with 80 per student
and the average is 18.5)

A couple of final notes:

Of all school personnel,  library media people
are the most aware that the quantity of a book
collection and the quality of a collection are separate
issues.
Also, if any of you want any further or more
specific information from my informal survey, please
e-mail me.
Many thanks to all the people who provided information
for this survey.

tnt

thomas neil tomporowski
perham public schools