        Having misplaced the letter from someone asking about a
six day schedule, I thought others might be interested in one
way we dealt with helping students adjust to it.  I had BigSix
bookmarks made and we handed them out the first week as a
BigSix task:
        On the back, write your name, your library barcode
number and your library Day.  I provided the materials and
pencils, directions etc and then we evaluated whether they had
followed the directions.  This has helped students keep track
and return books on time.

        Meredith Altshuler
        D.J. Montague Elementary
        Williamsburg, Virginia