Dear Collective Wisdom,
        A student has chosen as her topic for her major
semester paper, the helpful uses of tobacco.  As you already
know, about 99.9% of the current literature is about the
harmful effects of smoking.  She isn't trying to swim upstream,
just trying to find a few petunias in the big onion patch.
We've found a few articles in InfoTrac, a couple through
Abridged Readers' Guide, and two timely local newspaper
articles.
        Our _Taking Sides_, 1991 ed., contains nothing.  I
think that maybe the 1993 ed. does have something about drug
and nicotine addiction.
        Can someone suggest sources for more information?
We're getting desperate!  I even called the Philip Morris
headquarters office, and they had nothing to offer.  Any and
all suggestions are welcome.  Please!!!  :-)
        Thanks in advance for any help you have to offer.

--
Jane Trump Hohn, LMS            "Fanatics don't live in a society of
IU-Bloomington MLS 1990         tolerance."  Elie Wiesel

LM_NET Archive Home