LM-NETters,
I have a friend in Poland who is in need of some information about a
particular style(?) for writing an essay -- a "hamburger essay".  I have
never heard of this.  If you know what this is, would you please send
your response to:       Tomek <TOMFRESH@PLEARN.EDU.PL>

Thanks!!
On Wed, 13 Nov 1996, tom wrote:
> I've heard of "hamburger essays" from a Mr Michalek who spend one year
> in Santa BArbara and his son was with him in US school system. Son was
> probably in the 7th grade(?) and he had a task to write a short essay
> on something but using no more than ...lines and three parts of it
> were compared to hamburger :) MAybe it's just a metaphore uused by a
> teacher?  So maybe it's just a short essay, but i also have heard that
> this particular form of essay has different stucture than in Poland.
> So maybe You can give me some advice? -:}

                                 Janice
    _______________________________   _____________________________
.-/|    Friends and Strangers      \ /    "Table of Contents"      |\-.
||||          ^^^^^^^               :                              ||||
||||   "We can be friends and       :         Janice Hardy         ||||
||||       strangers...             : 1. Email:                    ||||
||||    Strangers are here like     :    jhardy@moe.coe.uga.edu    ||||
||||          the weather...        : 2. Snail mail:               ||||
||||    Friends are together        :     Dept.of Inst.Technology  ||||
||||              forever..."       :     607 Aderhold Hall        ||||
||||     -- Ronnie Laws (c1977)     :     Athens, GA 30602         ||||
||||   URL: http://itech1.coe.uga.edu/Students/JHardy/JHardy.html  ||||

LM_NET Archive Home