Our school play, Neil Simon's Plaza Suite, was challenged because students
were playing adults and the "illicit affair nature" of the play. The
challenge was basically an attack on the teacher. Our superintendant decided
the play would be performed. Our reconsideration policy was "kind of"
followed. Now our drama teacher has been told that she must provide several
play titles to a selection committe that will recommend/choose the school play.

If your school has a policy on how school plays are selected, I would
appreciate hearing from you and receiving a copy - or any thoughts on this
decision.

TIA
Linda Kinne

Linda Kinne                Voice 307-856-9491
Librarian                  Fax   307-856-2333
Riverton High School       email lindak@trib.com
2001 West Sunset
Riverton, WY  82501

LM_NET Archive Home