Hello All,

My school has a devoted parent teacher association that is deeply
involved with the planning of PARP (Parents as Reading Partners).  This
program usually runs three to four weeks with activities centered around
reading.  I am not sure if this is a program that really helps foster a
love of reading, and therefore can't support it fully at this time.

What I am asking of you is your opinions of the effectiveness of PARP,
both positive and negative.  If your school currently uses the PARP
program, or if you did in the past, I would really like to hear from
you.  Maybe your school has some ideas that could benefit others.  If
enough responses are given I will post a hit.  PLEASE, reply all of your
messages to my address.  (warbler@juno.com)

Thank you in advance,

Jody Hildreth
Sauquoit Valley Elementary School