I am starting a new job on Monday (Nov.18) and I was wondering if anyone
could offer some fun ideas for  introducing myself and getting to know the
students. The person who is leaving Friday has not said anything to the
students, so I may be a surprise to them. It is a fixed schedule, so I will
be seeing all the classes (k-6) for 30 min.  Also, if anyone has any ideas
for easy and quick ideas for Children's Book Week, I would welcome them. I
have checked the archives, but many of the ideas there take more planning
time than I have in this situation,and of course, I am not yet familiar with
the collection or the general school climate. I won't clutter your mailboxes
with a hit unless people request it, as there are probably not many people in
this position at this time.
Thanks!

Carol Ebel
(soon to be)