I find it interesting that ours is the one of the few professions (is
there another) where anyone working behind a library counter is a
librarian.  If you go to a bank, there is a teller, a bank officer, a
trust officer, etc.  If you go to a lawyer's office, there is a
secretary, a clerk, a lawyer.  If you go to a hospital, you can tell who
is a nurse and who is a doctor or orderly...why is this such a problem in
libraries?  People completely    disregard differences.  My assistant is
always asked by teachers to find things, help them with questions, etc.
No matter which level of public schools I've been in, this has been a
recurring problem.  SOmetimes, it's easier to be alone.

Roberta Moecker
School Librarian
Scobee Elementary School       PHONE:  561-5070
11223 Cedar Park Dr.           rmoecker@tenet.edu
San Antonio, TX  78249         "Knowledge is Power"