 After discovering it on LM-NET, we bought the World Today Series, by Stryker
Post Publications.

A teacher came to me, shocked by the tone of the Africa volume, especially
the South Africa and Rwanda sections.  Here is a passage on p. 135 about
Mandela's choices:

"The instinct and teaching imbedded in the Black people was to wreak
vengeance on their enemies and oppressors.  To sit and talk peace and harmony
with them simply went against the grain of ANC doctrine of violent seizure of
power which, embraced for so long, had been virtually carved in stone."

And there are other places, including a powerful essay at the beginning about
African countries have generally been going downhill since 1973.

My instinct was to make sure that we had other books.  Any other comments on
this?

If possible, please send to my CAIS address.  I can't post from there because
of all the spamming.  I would rather hear from you at aol than not at all.

TIA
 Faith Williams, librarian at St. Anselm's Abbey School, 4501 S. Dakota Ave.,
NW, Wash. DC 20017-2795  Tel 202-269-2362   Faithw@cais.com or fmwill@aol.com

LM_NET Archive Home