Dear netters:

I am faced with taking a 3000 sq. ft. media center and living in a portable
classroom for 14 months while the new school is under construction.
Putting aside the logistics of storing a lot of stuff, I have a question
regarding new book purchases.

I am in the enviable position of receiving a LARGE chunk of money to bring
my collection up to accreditation standards. This is use it or lose it
money.   However, I do not want to store boxes of books in a South Florida
warehouse with the accompanying heat and humidity.

I am pursuing the posibility of having the vendor (Follett) hold the books
in their facility until the new school opens.  The local rep says that this
is done all the time.  Has anyone else done this?  With Success?

I appreciate any input.

Susy Miller
MillerS2@mail.firn.edu
Lincoln Elementary School