As media coordinator in a K-12 school district, I am being asked by
various curriculum committees to purchase video disks.  Our district has
made it a policy not to purchase video disk players because we have been
under the assumption that it is a suspect technology.  However, I keep
seeing where textbook companies keep selling video disks to accompany
their programs.  I would like some info. on the viability of this
format.  Is it here to stay?  Would it be better to stay with video tapes?
Thanks.
Les (Lucille) Hotchkiss
Carman-Ainsworth Community Schools
Flint, Michigan 48507