Suzan Nelson and I are serving as co-chairs for MEMA's share of the programs
offered at the MLA/MEMA conference in Orono this May.  Every year I am
impressed by the tremendous pool of talent we have in Maine and with the
generous manner in which Maine librarians share their expertise and best
ideas with their colleagues.  We'd like to encourage all committees and
individuals to send us your workshop ideas for this year's conference.
Please--consider sharing your successes by offering a workshop, send
suggestions for dynamic speaker/presenters, suggest program topics, or tell
us about a program from a recent conference that you'd like to see repeated
at MLA/MEMA this spring.
We welcome all suggestions!  Please let us hear from you before December 19th!

Here are a few ideas we're tossing about:

        Who has a new facility/renovation and will share highlights/special
features?

        What do librarians who are new to the profession/state need to know?

        Who'd be a dynamic presenter on grant-writing?  on effective
discipline techniques?

        Who has an interesting partnership with a classroom teacher?

        Who has successfully integrated information skills into the high
school curriculum?

        Who is up-to-date and enthusiastic about the recent crop of YA and
children's books?

Please contact Suzan Nelson at Portland High School or Deb Locke at
Westbrook High School
with your ideas and suggestions.  Thanks!
Deb Locke
Westbrook High School Library
854-0810   FAX 854-0839
dlocke@gwi.net