At 12:14 PM 11/22/96 -0500, Amy Derwin wrote:
>Someone pleaded not to take the bookjackets off, to leave them on.  If the
>hard cover of the book is the same as the book cover, then I take the cover
>off and hang it up on the wall for the kids to quickly see what book they
>want.

  Ah, yes  the covers may be the same ,but these brightly colored covers have
 very weak  spines.  A mylar covered jacket may be the only thing between
that new book and
an early brush with renforcing tape.  I learned , the hard way , now all the
books that come
with jackets wear them.  And in a few years when the jackets are torn and
scuffed , they
will be retired and the brightly colored covers will again have their chance
to shine.

Victoria L. Rubottom
Sacred Heart School
Emporia Ks.