Thanks all for your comments. Most people like Netscape better, though many
for the reason that they used it first. We decided to go with netscape as
well. Below are the unedited comments.

Thanks again,
Yapha

Yapha Nussbaum Mason
Brentwood School
Los Angeles, CA
Yapha_Mason@bwscampus.com

This is just a personal opinion - I use IE at home and on the computer at
my desk in the library but we have Netscape on another library computer,
and will have it on the whole system when we get completely hooked up to
the Net.  I like one thing in particular about IE - you can change the font
size on screen and on what you print out, a great think for those of us who
seem to be needing longer arms!!  However, one thing I like about Netscape
that IE doesn't do - at least I guess it is the browser program that does
this - is that it puts the URL of the site you are printing from at the top
of the page when you print it out.  I'll be interested in seeing your Hit.

I use Netscape with my students, 3-5, and I find that they are able to
navigate quite easily.  Perhaps it is because the commands and other
keyboard and mouse movements are Mac and we have learned on Macs.

I have tried Internet Explorer myself, but found that because I am not
familiar with Microsoft and Windows that I did not know what the icons
meant.

We are using Netscape and like it alot.  I keep reading the reviews and so
far Netscape is still the better product.    I only know one person who uses
Internet Explorer and that is because one of her teachers is married to a
guy who works for Microsoft and he downloaded/installed it for her.  She
seems to like it but has a lot of problems surfing which I think are due to
her ISP.

Be sure to use a new copy of Netscape-2.0 or better not the one given out by
alot of local ISP which is an antique and acts like it.  BYTW schools can
get free copies of Netscape but no support from them unless you buy a copy.

Try using both for awhile and let the students decide. Set some
criteria for assessing the pros and cons of each and let them go at it.

Funny you should ask!  I've been using Netscape at home for about a year
now and the county installed Internet Explorer on one computer in the
media center last week.  They *basically* the same although I find
Netscape a little easier to use probably because I'm so used to it.

However, I have discovered one big difference.  Netscape always prints
the URL from printed web pages on the paper; Internet Explorer does not.
It sure makes it easier to 1) site your sources when it is printed, and
2) find the page again later.  Just a thought.

We are happily using Netscape in a JK-12 school.  We tried the Explorer and
and came back to Netscape.

--

         Sent via ExpressNet/SMTP(tm), Internet Gateway of the Gods!
               ExpressNet/SMTP (c)1994-95 Delphic Software, Inc.