        Last week I posted a message citing 9 Holocaust Internet sites not
realizing that one of them (Auschwitz:  Myths and Facts
http://www.kaiwan.com/~ihrgreg/pamphlets/auschwitz.html) was the work of
Greg Raven, a Holocaust denier/revisionist.  I apologize for including this
site in the list.  However, there is a lesson to be learned here.  This
site was found by one of my 8th graders last spring.  We used it as an
example of the hate literature and Holocaust denial/revisionist literature
that one can find when surfing the Web for information.  It is so important
that we help our students become critical analysts of materials they find
when researching (not necessarily just on the Internet).
        So thanks and apologies to BACKON who alerted me about this site (I
had forgotten what it was since last spring), but hope you can all use this
to remind your students and staff to always check the origin of material
found.

Marion Solovay
Madison Junior School
Madison, NJ 07940