At 02:36 PM 11/26/96 -0600, Patti Ketelsen wrote:
 OK next question - Where do you then put the barcode
>label if you are automated?  On the book jacket in the usual spot you have
>chosen or under the jacket on the book?

        I'm a mavrick I put them on the inside of the cover. Yep ,I have to
open them to scan, but
        the concept of an $800 scanner for inventory is  merely a dream.
        I am also an artist and I am very resistnant to marking up the
books.  We don't have a theft
        problem and I have trouble discarding books because they keep
getting returned.  In fact I
        found one book that has been lost for 5 years outside the door the
other day.
        After 3 years I am pleased with the location I choose on the books.
It's not everybody's
        cup of tea , but it works for our Library.

Victoria Rubottom
Sacred Heart School
Emporia , Ks
              Oops I Hope this doesn't arrive twice.  My Mail Program hiccuped
Victoria L. Rubottom
Sacred Heart School
Emporia, Ks.
rubottom@cadvantage.com