Dear LM_NETTERS,

Don't let anyone ever tell you it's a cold, cruel world. Ain't so.

If you recall, I'm the Navy mom with a sailor son in Norfolk who
had no place to go Thanksgiving, and I impulsively asked you
wonderful people if anyone would share their holiday with him.

Well, by the time he got off his "duty day," which entails spending
1-2 days onboard, he already had accepted an invitation from a
fellow sailor who was inviting single guys over: a generous heart.

And on his email were 15 invitations from librarians all over the
Tidewater and other areas! One interesting one was from Guam from
folks who know his captain and promised they could get him an
invite with him: the Naval equivalent of a boy in the mailroom
going over to Donald Trump's!

Scott and I are both overwhelmed at your generosity and caring,
but we should have known: librarians share!

This Thanksgiving Day, which has already started for me here in
Germany, I am going to be grateful for belonging to this group
and try to hold on to my belief that people are really pretty
wonderful!

Thanks to all who offered help or encouragement, and Scott was
not ready to kill his mom after all.

Dana Pope
popeda@heidelberg-emh2.army.mil

LM_NET Archive Home