Firstly, sorry for the double posting, but I realised I did not finish my
 message .
 Dear members,
 Our school is  changing in 1997 from a junior and high school campus
 college to a junior, middle and senior college.
 The Year 7 teachers are wanting the details of novels that would be
 valuable in assisting the study of literature whilst enhancing
 the exploration, knowledge and understanding of various issues.
 Year 7 in Queensland, Australia refers to students who are mostly aged
11 turning 12 years of age during the course of the year.
 The issues to be studied that I know of so far are:
 Aged and aging
 Changing community
 Belonging to groups
 Single parent families
 Governing  society

If you know of any titles that this would appeal to this age group of
quite low to gifted readers, please forward them to me.  there has been
quite a bit of discussion about Goodnight Mr Tom lately on LM_NET.
Would this suit ? I have not read it myself.

Jan Planck
Immanuel Lutheran College
Maroochydore
Qld Australia.  4558   (07) 544 53111