Date: Thu, 28 Nov 1996 22:56:18 -0500 (EST)
From: Mark Gold <mgold@max.tiac.net>
To: bhamilt@tenet.edu
Cc: mgold@tiac.net
Subject: Re: Sugar substitute STAVIA - Does it exist?

Betty,

I received a copy of your post and another person's post to LM_NET.
I thought I should respond to the posts since I know alot about
stevia, aspartame, and sweeteners in general.  Feel free to forward
the information below to the group if you feel it is appropriate.

I have extensive information on my web page about stevia and
aspartame (and I'm not selling anything, by the way).  This includes
scientific documents and general documents.  I also have a sweetener
resource list that contains a few of the *many* sources for stevia
extract that are available.

I suggest that you visit the above-mentioned sites and print out the
documents you are interested in.  As far as stevia resources go, I
believe the Sunrider brand tastes the best, but other forms may be
better for cooking.  You may want to start by purchasing a bottle of
the Sunrider brand and also purchase the new cookbook/information
book on stevia that was written by Linda Bonvie (sold by Body Ecology
Diet -- see resource list).

The web pages are as follows:

            http://www.tiac.net/users/mgold/sweet/sweet.html
                     (Stevia and sweetener resources)

       http://www.tiac.net/users/mgold/aspartame/aspartame.html
         (Aspartame (NutraSweet) Toxicity Information Center)

             http://www.tiac.net/users/mgold/health.html
                       (Main Health Web Page)

Please let me know if you have any difficulty retrieving documents or
need further information.

Best Wishes,
                             - Mark
                          mgold@tiac.net