We have an opportunity to have Bette Greene visit our school in November,
while she happens to be in the area.  Has anyone ever had her for a school
visit?  We have 5-6 graders in our school.  She's charging $1,000 a day, so
we're hoping to shareher with another school in the area.

Has anybody got any opinions on her as a speaker, either for assemblies or
working with kid authors?  I wonder what she's written lately.  Phillip
Hall, Summer of My German Soldier and Morning is a Long Time Coming were
written quite a while ago.

Before we spend this much money, I wonder if she's got kid appeal, and is
she currently writing?  Anybody who can help, please respond to:

akid@nic.crsc.k12.ar.us

Thank you!!
           Suby Wallace
           Library/Media Center