We have a new LAN in the library,with  six workstations supporting
catalog and circulation software and a 14-drive cd-rom tower.  Five
of the workstations also provide internet access.  I've been asked
to include e-mail access from the network.  All members of our school
community will be provided with e-mail addresses  (285 middle and
high school students and all faculty).  Although the school has some
other connections (you provide the computer), the computers in place
with the connections are in the library.  Has anyone had any
experience with managing this sort of traffic?   Will the demand for
e-mail conflict with the research function to the detriment of
research?  TIA, Margo Hart, The Masters School, Dobbs Ferry, NY

LM_NET Archive Home