Description of my facility: 1) Limited seating space @80 people
                            2) 15 computers to access collection and other data
                            3) librarian wants to be involved in instruction
Have the following procedure in place:  1)  teachers can not bring entire
classes for research projects.  2)  break classes into numbers of 7-8 and
rotate to library--librarian can assist students with questions, etc.  3)
more than 1-2 classes can make use of the facility with rotation program in
place, 4)  Note:  students can come at any time also teachers can send
students from any class for quick reference problems, etc..
Teachers not wanting change are mumbling!  My philosophy is that the
facility never needs to be CLOSED,  small groups from several different
classes can be facilitated--if collaboration takes place.  FEEDBACK IS
WELCOMED!!   tia

Also, a couple of teachers are upset that I did away with the Reader's
Guide to Periodical Lit and only Maintain TOM Plus,  Newsbank,  and SIRS.
Your responses to this would be appreciated!

LM_NET Archive Home