Friends,

Our school board is strongly considering a bond to build "pod" schools on
one campus for grades K-8. They think the district will realize a savings
by having only one lunchroom, one gym, one library, -- you get the idea.
The library they are planning would serve roughly 1,000 students and their
teachers.

At best, I am lukewarm on this idea. I have talked about different
missions for different grade levels, and how primary programs differ
from those of middle school grades. After slight discussions with
some powers-that-be, I have been asked to see the library community thinks
about this idea and locate schools that have successfully implemented this
model.

So I am asking :-) What do you LM_NETters think of this idea? Know of any
K-8 programs that are a success?

Thanks once more for your kind consideration!

Larry Parsons                         *       Some nights
Ocean Beach School District           *    the wolves are silent
Long Beach, WA 98631                  *     and the moon howls.
(360) 642-3731  FAX (360) 642-1224    *
booker@CASCADE.NWNET.NET
  personal replies to address below
lparsons@potlatch.esd112.wednet.edu