Cheri, I've seen these. They are like self adhesive labels, and they have a
hole in the middle so that you can seal over the ring that holds the mouse
ball in place while still allowing the ball to roll freely. They do work,
but they are a hassle to pick off when you want to clean the mouse. They
will keep out those who just like to casually twist off the ring and make
off with the ball, but if a student has any time at all unobserved it would
be quick work to slice around the label with a knife and twist the ring off
anyway.

>I received this information in one of my other lists and am forwarding it to
>LM_Net.
>
>>many of you may have also received this ad in the mail...but if you did'nt
>>it could prove to be helpful.  Excerpts follow:
>>
>>"mouse vandalism is a serious problem in many classrooms.  The mouse being a
>>hands-on device, is an invitation for tampering and ball removal.  until now
>>you've had to accept this dilema. Not any more.......The seals are made of
>>special plastics with strong adhesive backings.....the mouse seals are made
>>of two materials,  mylar and vinyl.....both are thin and wear well without
>>interference to mouse functions..... easy-to-follow instructions are
>>included for application and removal for ball cleaning......"
>>
>>Could be a solution worth checking out if you have this problem
>>
>>Check em out at:
>>
>>SecurTech Co.
>>5755 Willow Lane
>>Lake Oswego Oregon 97035
>>
>>phone 503-636-6831
>>fax  503-636-9642
>>
>>$5.40 for 6  or $16.80 for 24
>>
>>not advertising for or endorsing but if its a problem it might be worth
>>looking at
>                 /\  /\
>Cheri Quillin___/  \/  \  /\/\________/\___INFORMATION ENTHUSIAST (Librarian)
>Lamar High School Libr. \/                 503 Maple Street  Lamar, MO 64759
>POT# 417-682-5571                          email xvd000@mail.connect.more.net

Gayle Hodur
ghodur@redshift.com

LM_NET Archive Home