Dear Netters,
     I have just rejoined this list after being away all summer so am just
starting to pick up the threads of what everyone is doing. School opens for
us on Tuesday and the kids arrive Wed.

     My first job after I download the database from Columbia will be to
register ID cards and hand-out textbooks on an automated system. Only when I
get that done will I be able to load the database into the OPAC. We have
about 1000 students and I have no paid library help.

    We cannot go in and work during the summer as the schools are not open.
They were open this past week but I was taking a week-long Novell networking
course which I was sorely in need of. So, I'll just have to manage the best
I can, but listening to everyone, reminded me of how busy I'll be again with
administration the first week. You really forget over the summer.

I am always impressed with the fact that some people can actually leave the
library and plan with teachers during planning time. Once I open the library
I am stuck there. I find it difficult to plan even with the most willing
because I am swamped all the time with student requests. I believe in
cooperative planning but find it difficult to implement.

                      Patricia McDougall

Teacher-Librarian                    email patmcd@atcon.com
Cole Harbour District High School    Fax (902)  464-5241
2 Chameau Cr.                        phone (902) 464-5243
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
B2W 4X4

LM_NET Archive Home