I am in a Title I school that is under scrutiny from our State Board of
Education.  This is the second year of a two year period in which
improvement in test scores for the fourth grade are needed and expected.
This is my first year in this school so I have been talking to the teachers
to see what they feel is the problems that need to be addressed.  The
general consensus is that the students do know the material and their
reading comprehension has improved immensely, they just don't do well on
standardized tests or individual testing of any kind.

So the question to the group is:

Does anyone have suggestions for centers or activities that could be
coordinated through the media center (we are flexible schedule) that would
help the students to improve test-taking skills?  I have not been able to
think of anything myself.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Susy Miller
MillerS2@mail.firn.edu