I asked at a copyright workshop if a cd-rom could be loaded on multiple
machines, because the disk was needed to run it so you were still only
using it on one machine at a time and I was told that in loading it some
information is left on the hard drive and could possibly still be considered
copyrighted information and so you should ask the company for permission
to do that.  The speaker thought that most companies would be willing
to let you do it.

So, until I get time to ask, I will refrain from loading them on more
than one machine.

Jan Selby, Librarian * Columbia Catholic School * 817 Bernadette Drive *
Columbia, MO 65203 * 1-573-445-6516 * jselby@mail.coin.missouri.edu

LM_NET Archive Home